HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

9:15 PM

Because my family is awesome, this year's Christmas party was Disney-themed. As you might recall, last year was KPop-themed. I don't remember what the theme was the Christmas before that, but you get the drift. We like themed parties, apparently.

Anyway, it took me forever trying to think of which character to go as. Everything seemed either too simple or too complicated. Simple meant being accused of not playing by the rules and therefore, as a consequence, your Christmas dinner would consist of only what your cousins pick for you, nothing else. Too complicated meant having to spend, and I didn't want to put money on something I won't ever get to wear again. I had almost given up when, by some stroke of luck, my costume idea fell into my hands perfectly and without much effort.

I was scrolling through Facebook early December when I came across a photo of my best friend rocking an awesome Evil Queen costume at a Halloween party. As simple as that, et voila! "Karen, can I borrow your costume for Christmas?"

All I had to do was buy a black dress (that I could readily wear again) and do my make-up and that's it. The cape and the head gear were free. HA.


My cousins and the rest of the clan came to the party in their best Disney costumes as well. We had a Fix-it Felix, a White Rabbit, a Violet, a Russell, even Lumiere and Fifi the Feather Duster were there! But as the Evil Queen, I bagged the Best Dressed prize for the night and took home a thousand bucks. Considering that my dress was around 800 and my fake eyelashes 200... I didn't make profit but at least I broke even. Haha.

Anyways, to use the most popular phrase this holiday season: "from my [awesome] family to yours, Merry Christmas!"







You Might Also Like

0 comments