It's not you, it's me...

2:52 PM

For the first time in years, I finally find myself disinterested in American Idol. Shocker, I know. I'll take a gander and declare that the show has run its course and it needs to pack up its things and leave.

Although, if this were me breaking up with the show, I'd readily admit that I may be at fault. It's not you, it's me. You're allowed to evolve. Change judges. Sure. Go ahead. In every relationship, if the two parties are drifting apart due to inevitable change, it's not surprising for a break up to occur. And it's my fault I can't accept your individual growth, Show. Maybe I'm just not good enough for you. Maybe I just can't take the whole Minaj-Carey feud for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Also, none of the contestants really stand out, in my honest opinion. Every season since season 3 (the year I started watching the show) always had that special someone I tuned in for.

Season 3 had Camille Velasco, LaToya London and Jennifer Hudson.

Season 4 had Mario Vasquez, Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood.

Season 5 had Ace Young, Chris Daughtry and Elliott Yamin.

Season 6 had Melinda Doolittle, Blake Lewis and, admit it, Sanjaya Malakar's hair.

Season 7, oh lordy season 7, my favoritest of all seasons of all time, had Brooke White, Michael Johns, Jason Castro, David Archuleta, and David Cook.

Season 8 had Allison Iraheta, Adam Lambert and Kris Allen.

Season 9 had Lilly Scott, Crystal Bowersox, Andrew Garcia, and Lee DeWyze.

Season 10 had Paul McDonald and Casey Abrams. I watched Idols Live that year solely for Casey Abrams, dear lord.

Season 11 had Jessica Sanchez and Phil Phillips.

But this year... Of all the season 12 finalists, I can only name one contestant right off the bat and that's Lazaro. And based on my Twitter feed every Thursday morning, that's not a good thing.

I admit, there have been times when I would try to tune in, holding on to dear hope that someone would catch my attention. Alas, I would always give up and switch the channel - which clearly caused me to miss out on an awesome performance by last year's runner up, Jessica Sanchez.


Girl did really well. Really, really well.

P.S. What will it take for Mariah to get her ass out of that chair? I don't think she's stood up for anyone all season long. Although, seeing as I haven't seen most of the season, I can't really tell...

P.P.S. Consider this as me officially letting you go, Show. Don't worry, I won't begrudge you your success and happiness. Should you find yourself doing much better next year, with a better contestant line up, call me. I might want to patch things up with you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments