Winter 2012 in Seoul!

3:32 PM

Just got back from Seoul early this morning and the trip was beyond amazing, albeit winter is probably not my favorite season.



Having said that, the Christmas sales everywhere made up for the bitter cold big time. Needless to say, despite the biting wind, my sisters and I trekked through every nook and cranny of Myeongdong and tried to purchase half of it. Or at least it felt that way.



Shoes for KRW 10,000! Bags for KRW 10,000! That's roughly PHP 400! I probably spent too much on make-up, bags, shoes and k-pop stuff to last me all year. And we may have gone a wee bit overboard and overreacted to all the sales, resulting in us having to pay for excess baggage on our return flight... But we're not in Seoul everyday, so why not splurge? Right? Right.




My favorite part of Seoul is still Hongdae. I will always love Myeongdong for the shops, but I love Hongdae for its soul. The young and artsy vibe of the area is just the best thing. And a big plus is the fact that due to it being a student-infested area, food and shopping in Hongdae is very cheap. Samgyeopsal!!!



It was my first time in Gangnam (having removed it from our itinerary the last time we were there) and I just had to see Garosu-gil. I've heard a lot about this lovely little street in the Apgujeong area, and seeing it was worth the long subway ride south of the Han river.

Unfortunately, no, we did not sing and dance to Psy's Gangnam Style in the streets of Gangnam.

My sisters and I are already planning a return trip, maybe sometime in Autumn of 2014. We just need to go back when it isn't winter! Shopping and sight-seeing is a hundred times more difficult in winter because you just want to rush to the nearest coffee shop (or 7-Eleven, whichever is nearest) to defrost! We hardly took photos because that entailed having to bring our hands out of our pockets! Oh, the horror!


I will see you again, Seoul. Hopefully when it does not feel as though hell froze over. Because as Sari had said of the Korean winter, "Hell isn't made of fire. Hell is frozen. This right here is what hell must feel like."

Ddo bwayo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments