Lost in a K-Drama World

2:20 PM

I’m currently watching "Ojagkyo Brothers" and this is my first encounter with a long-running Korean drama. I’m so used to the regular 16-24 episode format that "Gaksital", with its 28 episodes, is the longest I’ve ever had to go through. So "Ojagkyo Brothers", which is 58 episodes long, is going to be one hell of a series.

This family drama is actually really good and gripping and all that jazz that keeps me glued. The different story lines are intriguing and I’m eating up all these episodes like a freaking meth addict. But the pacing is something I really need to get used to.

I’m on episode 15 right now, and if this were my regular Korean drama, it would be all up in the climax and shit is just about to go down right before I get my needed closure. However, with this drama, that is not the case. Episode 15 and we’re just about done setting up the premise and we have a looooong but promising way to go. You can imagine how antsy I am right now. I just want my couples to actually be together so they can get into shenanigans already. I guess patience is a virtue I have yet to master.

I’ll be sticking this out though because it’s just soooo good. And Joo Won. Hot damn. Joo Won.

On the other side of Korean entertainment news, MBC has just confirmed that Yoon Eun Hye will be making her small screen comeback with "I Miss You" and will be starring with previously announced male lead Park Yoochun. I am beyond excited for this new development. I'm such a Yoon Eun Hye fan. And I love Yoochun to bits. This is bound to be one hell of a drama. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Also, You know how Yoon Eun Hye is one of those rare breed of Korean actresses who actually kisses her romantic leads back instead of just standing there limply like a dead fish? And I'm one of those fans who actually want to see Yoochun kissing a girl properly. THIS FREAKING EXCITES ME. YOU KISS HER LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW, YOOCHUNNIE. FIGHTING! 

God, I love Yoon Eun Hye. Her kisses are intense.

You Might Also Like

0 comments